A pair of sublime ceramic head vases created in the 1960s by the twin French brothers Jean (1930- ) and Robert (1930-2008) Cloutier. After attending art school and a four year appenticeship with noted French ceramicist Pol Chambost they opened their own ceramic workshop on Rue de Reuilly in Paris. Later they would move their workshop to the south eastern Languedoc region of France.
The larger vase is 12 inches tall and the smaller one is 10 inches tall. Acquired from an important private French collection.